Crisp and sweet creamy caramel combined with smooth dark chocolate, this Vegan Chocolate Tahini Caramel Candy Bars are just like a regular candy bar but far healthier. You need to give them a try.
For The Base
1 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
Pinch Of Salt
For The Tahini Caramel
1 1/2 Cup Medjool Dates, Softened In Hot Water For 10 Minutes
1/3 Cup The Butternut Co. Tahini
1/4 Cup Coconut Cream
2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For The Chocolate
225g Vegan Dark Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over 2 opposite edges, makes it easy to remove.
2. Add almond flour, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Process until fully incorporated.
3. Pour the almond flour mixture into the loaf pan. Press down firmly and evenly. Freeze for 30 minutes. Clean up the food processor.
4. Add soaked dates, tahini, coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides in between. This should take 3-5 minutes and it should be a fluffy, very creamy mixture.
5. Remove the pan from the freezer and spread your date layer on top. Spread evenly, and place back into the freezer for 1-2 hours.
6. Add chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl; microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth and melted.
7. Remove the pan from the freezer and use the parchment paper to lift the block out of the pan. Using a sharp knife, slice into 10-16 bars or as desired.
8. Using a large spoon or spatula, drizzle the chocolate over each bar. Place the coated bars onto a baking tray and place them back into the freezer. Enjoy!