We are making sure Santa has some refined sugar free cookies ready when he comes visiting. These cookies are packed with all things healthy and will surely give Santa some protein energy for all the chimneys he is tumbling down today!
Prep Time: 5 mins
* ½ cup coconut sugar
* ¼ cup maple syrup
* ½ cup The Butternut Co. Unsweetened Almond Butter Creamy
* 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2 tbsp water
* ½ tsp vanilla
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* ¼ tsp salt
* ½ tsp baking soda
1. With the help of a mixer, smoothly combine coconut sugar, maple syrup, and almond butter until creamy.
2. Combine flax seed+water with vanilla.
3. Mix up flour, salt, and baking soda very well.
4. Slowly add flour mixture a little at a time to the almond butter mixture and mix to form a soft dough. Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 175C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll 1 ½ inch balls of the chilled dough.
6. Place balls on the baking sheet leaving some space in between. Make cookie shape about ¼ inch thick using the palm of your hand by flattening it. Be sure there is space between cookies as they will spread a bit.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until the top of the cookies look dry and the bottom of the cookies has browned lightly. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes before putting it to cool in the fridge.
8. Enjoy it with the little ones, with a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!