These vegan almond bars are easy to make, have no processed sugars, and are even gluten-free! Nutty, delicious, and homemade, sounds perfect?
340g chopped dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt, extra for topping
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp The Butternut Co. Almond Butter
1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 177C. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Mix shredded coconut, almond flour, coconut oil, honey, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and salt until combined. Transfer into the prepared baking dish and press it evenly. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let it cool.
3. Mix maple syrup and coconut cream and boil over high heat. Boil 12-15 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat and mix almond butter and 1 tsp vanilla in it. After letting it cool, pour over the coconut base layer. Freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
4. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth and let it cool for 10 minutes.
5. Cut into 16 bars. Dip each bar in chocolate, and freeze for about 10 minutes. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.