Because eating something green is #BetterForYou and your heart.
Greens are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber that keeps you full for longer, are easy on the waistline and also beneficial for the gut.
This delicious breakfast recipe incorporates a generous dose of protein with a helping of fiber rich greens.
SPINACH AND EGG SCRAMBLE
2 large eggs
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 cups spinach
½ onion, chopped
2 tbsp grated parmesan
Salt, Pepper and Chili Flakes, to taste
1. In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil and sauté onions until translucent.
2. Next add 1.5 cups spinach (save half cup for later) and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl add the eggs, salt, pepper, chili flakes and parmesan and whisk all together.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir until cooked.
5. Garnish with remaining spinach and sea salt, layer onto toasts of choice. Enjoy!