These gluten-free, Flourless Almond Brownies are a quick and delicious way to satiate your post-meal dessert cravings.
½ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp salt
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
2 tbsp chocolate chips
½ tsp coconut oil
Sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- In a bowl, add unsweetened almond butter, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup and eggs. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Next add melted coconut oil and mix again until smooth. Add in the unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Make sure the batter is thick!
- Add your batter to the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 175C in a preheated oven. Or until a toothpick comes out clean with crumbs. These taste the best when underbaked! Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 20-30 min before removing or cutting.
- For the icing: Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Generously drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownies and sprinkle some sea salt.
- Cut into squares. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Tip: These brownies are super fudgy and taste delicious when eaten straight from the fridge!