A creamy and rich pasta to follow the fresh and crunchy bruschetta is just what you need! Here’s an easy recipe for that takes only a few minutes to prepare.
Remember to serve this dish hot, with freshly grated parmesan for an extra special touch.
COURSE 2: Main Course
1 pack fettuccine
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp chopped basil
1 tsp chopped parsley
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Cook fettuccine as per instructions given on the pack. Drain and set aside. Save the left over water for later use.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan, add garlic and cook until fragrant and brown.
3. Next add in the heavy cream and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and stir well. Cook until sauce has reduced. Add in ¼ cup Parmesan and stir until the sauce reaches a creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and coat well. Add more pasta water if mixture seems dry.
5. Garnish with parsley, basil and more Parmesan. Enjoy!