Popcorns are an excellent savory snack you can make in a matter of minutes using cupboard essentials. You can take them to a whole other (nutritional) level by adding some nut butter to it!
This warm, buttery, popped corn with a drizzle of caramel-esque Jaggery Almond Butter is perfect for movie night on a cold winter evening
1 cup popcorn kernels (136 g)
3 tbsp The Butternut Co. Jaggery Almond Butter
½ tsp coarse sea salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Pour a thin layer of butter or vegetable oil into a large pot and heat it on high for a few minutes.
2. Add the popcorn kernels and distribute them evenly and cover with a lid. Shake the pot occasionally but keep the lid on as the popcorn pops.
3. Allow the popcorn to pop until the popping sounds slow down to a pop every 3-4 seconds. Turn the flame off and let it rest.
4. Drizzle The Butternut Co. Jaggery Almond Butter over the popcorn, sprinkle some sea salt and stir to coat them evenly.
5. Transfer to a bowl. Serve warm. Enjoy!