Wake up to these PEANUT BUTTER BANANA MUFFINS brimming with nutty flavour or savour them as a delicious tea time snack!
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 1/2–3 medium bananas)
3/4 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup oat flour** (gluten free, if needed)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips (divided)(Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Grease a muffin pan or line with parchment liners.
- Combine bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla in a food processor or a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add oat flour and salt and pulse or mix till just combined.
- Add baking powder (and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips-optional) and stir to combine. (This will help prevent your batter from deflating).
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips (optional)
- Bake the muffins for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool 1 minute in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Top them with berries of your choice as a fruity addition(optional) Enjoy!
Tip: Store the muffins in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days, in the refrigerator 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 2 months.