This vegan pasta is super quick to put together and packed with protein. This one is super creamy and flavourful, making it the perfect choice for dinner.
1 tbsp The Butternut Co. tahini
2 cups spinach or any greens
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dry basil
1 tsp oregano
113g dry pasta of choice
1/2 cup dry lentils
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Add lentils and veggie broth in a saucepan, boil it, reduce the flame, cook for 10 minutes on low with a lid on it.
2. In a separate pot, boil the pasta.
3. Remove the lid on the lentils, add tomato paste, and all seasonings. Mix well and add tahini and greens.
4. Mix more and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Keep 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta once it’s cooked. Add pasta and its water to the pan with lentils.
6. Mix evenly and serve!