As you know, there is no such thing as ‘too much peanut butter’. How can anyone ignore the goodness of natural peanut butter no matter what your preference is? Peanut butter can be incorporated in our diet in so many amazing ways it’s strange to think that many of us aren’t doing it already. Also, there are so many healthy peanut butter recipes used globally that you’d be spoilt for choice, not to mention the health benefits that you get from it.
Apart from the fantastic texture and flavour, peanut butter also provides a host to essential nutrients like fiber, magnesium, protein, iron, potassium and healthy fats. What’s more, there are different ways to use peanut butter. Thus, read on to know more about how to use peanut butter in your everyday meal to make it tastier.
Different Uses of Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is mostly used to prepare a wide range of desserts. In India, more and more people are making use of nut butter to prepare delectable Indian sweets such as besan ladoos, healthy modaks and more. Thus, let’s check out some of the best peanut butter recipes that you can try at home.
- Peanut butter smoothies, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and peanut butter on apples are some of the most common snacks liked by most. Check out this peanut butter and strawberry smoothie recipe.
- If you have a sweet tooth, you could chuck frozen bananas, peanut butter and jelly into the food processor and, voila! You have tasty, instant, vegan ice-cream.
- For every other dessert one can think of, you can use peanut butter instead of chocolate, if you are calorie conscious; for instance, in brownies, cookie sandwiches, s’mores, and so many more.
- Mix chocolate and peanut butter to make a thick, warm and rich sauce for ice-cream or brownies.
- Dessert pizza anyone? All you need is a pizza crust which you can layer with peanut butter (spread-style) and then simply add your favourite fruits to it – berries, strawberries, bananas, coconut flakes, among others. Take a break from the regular desserts and surprise your loved one with this wonderful and healthy peanut butter recipe.
- You can use peanut butter to make home-made cupcakes or the frosting on the cupcake can be made with peanut butter.
- Make energy balls with peanut butter that are an excellent snack option for kids and working adults. Get healthier with the goodness of whole grains mixed with peanut butter.
- Peanut butter can also be used to make delicious homemade pies, waffles, and pudding. Have you tried baking peanut butter pie? No? Give it a try to make the creamiest pie today! Here is also a recipe for peanut butter banan muffins that you can try.
And those are just some of the simple ways of adding peanut butter to sweet preparations.
You can also use a 50/50 mix of peanut butter and oil to make your desserts more flavoursome. The best part, there is no end to the different ways to use peanut butter, so you can add it to almost all things no matter what you’re baking.
Check out: Date cake with peanut butter toffee sauce
Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes
Of all the many ways of cooking, using peanut butter to enhance texture in savoury food items is perhaps one of the most underrated means of making the best use of peanut butter nutrition. Asian cuisine especially incorporates peanuts into many of their dishes.
If you are on a tight deadline or just plain lazy to cook an elaborate meal, peanut butter will be your ‘knight in shining armour. Here’s how:
- Simply grab a variety of veggies that you like and sauté everything with peanut butter, soy, scallions, garlic, chillies, and oil. You can either add rice, noodles or enjoy the goodness of these vegetables in a creamy sauce. This recipe is perfect for both small meals and bigger group meals.
- Peanut butter can also be added to soups and gravies, to give them a rich, creamy body.
- Love hummus? Use peanut butter instead of tahini the next time you make home-made hummus. It will provide a silky smooth texture and decadent flavour to it. So, try it out now to give a delicious twist to traditional hummus.
- French toast with PB is one of the cool things to do with peanut butter. You got to try it!
- Did you know that you can mix peanut butter into noddles? That’s right! The creamy texture and nutty flavour of peanut butter will make your noodles dish finger-licking-good.
- If noodles, then why not pasta? Combined with garlic, lime, ginger and other fresh herbs and ingredients, peanut butter will make your pasta a scrumptious meal.
- Peanut butter can be used as a condiment for chicken and other poultry staples. Its mild flavour will delight your taste buds. What’s more, peanut butter can also be used to marinate chicken along with other ingredients.
- Add a hint of sweetness to salad dressing with peanut butter to boost its rich flavours. If your peanut butter jar is almost finished, add sesame oil, ginger, sriracha, and lime juice to it, close the jar and shake it. Next, drizzle this dressing directly on the salad for a wildly different savoury taste.
- Drizzle warm peanut butter on a sizzling grilled burger for an unexpected buttery delight.
If we haven’t yet convinced you to buy peanut butter from our range of peanut butters available, then let us tell you a little more.
No-Fuss Peanut Butter Dishes
Apart from the natural goodness of peanut butter, high protein peanut butter is also a great binder for all kinds of healthy snacks. Some handy tips are listed below:
- Use it to bind your home-made organic protein bars in a healthy, different way.
- Use it to flavour your oatmeal and amp up its nutritional value.
- Melt it with caramel and drizzle it over your popcorn for movie night or a house party with friends. Check out the recipe.
- Malted milk powder, bananas and peanut butter can fix your sweet tooth and energy levels at any point of the day, not to mention what a great mood booster this milkshake can be!
- Add a nutty flavour to your stack of light and fluffy pancakes and drizzle maple syrup on it to satisfy your sweet cravings.
- Make yourself a post-lunch Frappé coffee and add a dollop of peanut butter in it to get a rich, frothy, and creamy taste.
The things you can do with peanut butter are truly endless. Just let your imagination run wild during cooking or baking. With so many diverse options of using natural peanut butter in your daily diet, it doesn’t matter if you are on team creamy or team crunchy there are endless options to choose from with The Butternut Co.
You can also try out our other nut butters that include almond butter, cashew butter, hazelnut spread, among others. Being organic, all the nut butters that we offer are healthier & tastier and contains no added sugar, which makes them the best nut butters online in India.