This nourishing protein-packed soup is made with anti-inflammatory ingredients and creamy flavors. If you are looking for a nutritional boost or just a healthy soup, Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup is the answer.
½ Tbsp Coconut/Olive Oil
3 Minced Cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
1 Diced Onion
1 Sliced/Diced Large Carrot
1 Medium Peeled And Cubed Butternut Squash
1 Tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
420g Light Coconut Milk
3 Cups Veg Broth
1 Cup Rinsed And Sorted Green/Brown Lentils,
¾ Tsp Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
3 Cups Organic Spinach
1. Take a large pot, on medium-high heat and add oil to it. Add garlic, ginger, and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens a little.
2. Add carrot and butternut squash cubes, saute for a few more minutes. Add yellow curry powder and turmeric, cook for 30 seconds and immediately add coconut milk, veg broth, lentils, and cashew butter. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring soup to a boil, cover it up, turn heat to low, and let simmer for 20 minutes until lentils soften.
4. After 20 minutes, transfer half the soup to a blender. This is a risky step, cover the lid with a towel so your hand doesn’t burn while blending.
5. Pour the puree back into the pot and stir to combine. Stir the fresh spinach into it.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Add lemon, salt, spice, and cashew butter according to your flavor. Enjoy!