These cookies are the perfect balance of rich cocoa and smooth hazelnut. With no refined sugar and some protein goodness, they are the perfect vegan delight. We guarantee you’ll need second (and third!) helpings!
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp flaxseed powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup hazelnut butter, unsweetened
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup nuts chopped (we used almonds and hazelnuts)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
1 tbsp milk of choice
- Combine the flaxseed powder with 3 tablespoons of water to prepare your flax egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the wet ingredients ie coconut oil, hazelnut butter and the flax egg. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. You should have a thick dough. If the batter is too thick, add some milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Let’s bake! Form small balls of dough and place them on a lined pan. Press each ball flat with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minute at 180C, or until the edges are cooked.
- Remove and allow them to cool. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Swap hazelnut butter for almond butter if required.
- Use 1 regular egg if not vegan.