Baisakhi (13th April) marks the harvest festival and is celebrated as the Sikh new year in many parts of northern India.
To celebrate nature’s bounty, we whipped up a healthy sweet treat today!
GUR (JAGGERY) KA HALWA
1 cup Semolina
1/2 cup Jaggery powder
1 tsp Fennel seeds
½ cup Clarified butter (Ghee)
½ cup Milk
2 cups Water
4-5 strings Saffron
2 tbsp The Butternut Co Unsweetened Almond Butter
2 tbsp The Butternut Co Unsweetened Cashew Butter
1 tbsp Sliced almonds
1 tbsp Sliced cashews
1 tbsp Raisins
- Heat the ghee in a pan, and add fennel seeds until they crackle.
- Add the semolina and roast on low heat until golden brown.
- In separate pan, dissolve the jaggery in hot water. Next add milk to the mix.
- Add this to the roasted semolina, mix in the nut butters and cook until the mixture thickens. Add the dried fruits and cook further for two minutes.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot. Enjoy!