You know those days when you want a warm wholesome meal in a bowl? Those are the days we whip up this grilled cottage cheese and chilli rice bowl. Carnivores, you can swap the cottage cheese for any grilled meat of your choice. Be generous with the dressing since it packs in a lot of flavour – and adjust the spice level as per taste!
It’s definitely filling, and also gives you a balanced blend of carbs, protein and good fat.
5 tbsp Olive Oil
3-4 cloves Garlic (minced)
½ Cup Brown rice (soaked 2-3 hours)
½ Cup Baby corn (chopped)
½ Cup Mushroom (chopped)
½ Cup Broccoli (chopped)
150 ml Hot water
Zest of 1 Lemon
Salt and Pepper, as per taste
1 tbsp Chilli Paste (cooked)
90 g Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
3 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Butter
Harbenaro salt, as per taste
- To prepare your lemon chilli rice, take 2 tbsp of olive oil in a hot pan and add chopped garlic to it. Stir the garlic till golden brown in colour.
- Add brown rice to this and mix well. Further add the veggies of your choice. I have used, Mushrooms, baby corn and Broccoli. Add water for the vegetables to cook in.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning. Further, add cooked chilli paste or schezwan sauce for flavour. Stir well, cover the pan with a lid and let the contents cook at medium heat.
- For cottage cheese marination, cut into cubes of preferable size. Firstly, season it with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Then drizzle some olive oil over the seasoning for marination.
- Check on your rice and vegetables. Stir a couple of times if required. After it is cooked remove it on a plate.
- For the cooking of the cottage cheese, take a hot pan and add olive oil to fry the cottage cheese cubes until golden brown. Once the desired colour has been achieved remove the cubes in the same plate as the rice and vegetables.
- For the Almond dressing, take Butternut’s Almond butter in a bowl, add olive oil, lemon zest and harbenaro and mix well.
- Drizzle this dressing over the cottage cheese cubes and enjoy your healthy meal!
Chef Yajur Khanna is a young chef who believes in ‘Baking the difference’. His self-love for flavour rich food along with trending healthy meals is a perfect combination for the current generation of health freaks. Find him at @chefyajurkhanna