There are times when you crave something big, filling and wholesome at 5pm. But let’s be realistic – a bag of chips just doesn’t cut it. Enter this satisfying toast, loaded with greens, good fat and flavour. It’s made with pantry staples – and the ingredients can easily be swapped for the vegetables you have in your fridge.
1 slice of bread
Sandwich spread of choice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt, Pepper & Chilli Flakes
1. Prep your veggies: Soak the lettuce in ice cold water for a few minutes. Place the tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with balsamic vinegar and salt. Set aside for 3-4 minutes.
2. Generously spread your sandwich spread on the bread (toasting optional).
3. Drain the lettuce and place on the bread.
4. Next place the balsamic tomatoes. Save any liquid that is left over.
5. Scatter the sliced olives over the tomatoes and place the avocado slices. Drizzle leftover balsamic liquid over the avocado.
6. Season generously with salt, pepper, chilli flakes and oregano. Enjoy!