Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
These flourless almond butter and jelly muffins are the perfect Christmas treat! They are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, oil-free, and whipped up in the blender in under 5 minutes flat.
* 1/2 cup The Butternut Co. Honey & Flaxseed Almond Butter
* 1 medium, ripe banana (1/2 cup)
* 1 large egg
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 cup of your favorite jelly.
1. Start by blending all the ingredients, except jam, on high until oats are broken down and the batter is smooth.
2. With a greased tablespoon pour the batter into a greased muffin pan, filling each cavity about 1/3 full.
3. Add a bit of jam to the center of each cavity before topping with more batter, until each cavity is 3/4 full. You want to make sure that all of the jam is covered.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven at 190C, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
5. Serve with a cup of hot tea. Enjoy!