The other day we were looking for an easy + healthy snack to carry around – and we found the perfect thing.
They took precisely 20 minutes to put together, and stayed well in the fridge for about two weeks. Snack time is sorted!
FLAXSEED ALMOND BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
2/3 cup oatmeal
¼ cup maple syrup or honey
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 cup The Butternut Co Flaxseed Almond Butter
2 tbsp Almond milk (or as required)
2 scoops protein powder (optional)
- Start by dry grinding the oatmeal into a fine powder.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, almond butter and maple syrup. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix the powdered oatmeal, sesame seeds and protein powder.
- Add the oat mixture to the wet mix, and mix until dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough into a greased baking tray and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve. Enjoy!