Nuthin’ like a warm hug in a bowl. Simple, yet packed with flavour – with the almond butter lending a deliciously rich texture and a protein punch to the sauce. The nutty almond butter aroma is further complemented by notes of garlic and pepper making it a deliciously sumptuous one bowl meal.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp tomato paste
2 cloves garlic
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp almond butter, unsweetened creamy
Salt & pepper, to taste
Slivered almonds (optional)
1. Cook the spaghetti and reserve 1/2 cup of its water for later.
2. In a pan, heat the olive oil and add in the garlic and onion. Cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Next ddd in the tomatoes and cook until they are reduced and are leaving no water. Keep stirring frequently until the tomatoes reduce to a mush.
4. Now add in salt, ground black pepper, tomato paste and oregano. Mix everything well and cook this mixture for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the almond butter and reserved pasta water to the sauce. Heat and bring this to a boil. Add more water as needed, until the desired consistency is achieved.
6. Lastly add the cooked pasta and mix well to coat the sauce entirely.
7. Garnish with almonds. Serve hot. Enjoy!