This Sugar-free Chocolate Tahini Cake is one for remembering. It’s full of sweet character, deep nutty undertones, and intense chocolate. It’s soft and crumbly too. The cake is made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with dates. Glazed with rich and creamy Chocolate Tahini Drizzle. It’s like drippy, nutty, liquid frosting with deep, dark flavor from cocoa and Tahini. It’s pure deliciousness. The kind of deliciousness that shouldn’t be understated.
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 30-40 Dates
- 1 cup Hot water
Chocolate Tahini Drizzle
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Prepare your date caramel by soaking clean dates in hot water for few hours ( or cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes). Take out the seeds and blend them into a smooth date purée. (Use the same water to blend, add water according to desired consistency).
3. Sift in whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat in the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Now add the rest of the wet ingredients, date caramel, milk, and oil. Beat in coconut sugar, you can adjust the sweetness as per your liking.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, gently.
6. Brush the Bundt cake mold with any flavorless oil. Sprinkle some cocoa powder to prevent the cake from sticking. Pour the batter and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Chocolate Tahini Drizzle:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth or beat it all together until smooth.
2. Drizzle it over your Chocolate Tahini Cake and dress your cakes with fresh berries and red currants. Slice and Serve !!