These Chocolate Tahini Thumbprint Cookies are made with a handful of pantry-friendly ingredients. It’s flourless, dairy-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free. Give them a try!
120 Grams Soft Dates
150 Grams The Butternut Co. Tahini
2 Tbsp Oat Or Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
30 Grams Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
Sesame Seeds, For Rolling
12 Squares Dark Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease/line a large baking sheet.
2. Blend dates in a food processor on high speed until smooth. Or use a fork to mash them.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix until a very smooth dough is formed, it should be soft but hold its form.
4. Roll the dough into ping pong size balls. Coat each ball in sesame seeds and set them on the baking sheet. Use your thumb to make an indent into each cookie, place a square of chocolate into each one.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the sesame seeds are golden and cookies are slightly firmer to touch. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 20 minutes. Enjoy!