These scrumptious chocolate hazelnut crepes bring the essence of Paris to your breakfast table, with rich hazelnut chocolate spread draped over delicate crepe layers. Did we mention they are refined sugar-free as well?
Servings: 15 crepes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
• 2 cups water
• 11⁄4 cups buckwheat flour
• 4 large eggs
• 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar
• 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil
• 1⁄2 cup The Butternut Co. Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread Creamy, at room temperature
- Blend together the water, flour, eggs, olive oil, coconut sugar, and salt until well mixed. You can use the batter right away, but it’s preferable to chill it in the refrigerator overnight, which results in more flavor, elasticity, and crispness.
- Give the batter one good stir when you’re ready to cook the crepes. Heat a nonstick crepe pan over medium-high heat. Brush the pan with a little bit of the melted butter, then pour in about 1/3 cup of the batter while swirling the pan to ensure it goes in as a thin layer. Small bubbles will appear around the batter as it cooks. Cook for 30 seconds, or until golden. Gently flip the crepe over and cook for another 30 seconds, then slide onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Spread about 1 tsp of The Butternut Co. Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread over half of each crepe, fold, and serve immediately while warm.