If you love carrot cakes, this one is for you. These healthy Carrot Cake Breakfast Bars are vegan and perfect for grab and go.
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup The Butternut Co. Almond Butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup grated carrot
2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
For the frosting:
1 cup coconut sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp almond milk or more(desired consistency)
1. Preheat oven to 176C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix almond milk, Almond Butter, vanilla, mashed banana, maple syrup, grated carrot, and ground flaxseed meal thoroughly.
3. Add rolled oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and combine well.
4. Spread into the prepared baking pan and bake for 32-35 minutes. Cut into bars, once it cools down.
5. Mix coconut sugar and ground cinnamon. Add almond milk, 1 tbsp at a time, and mix well. Repeat until desired consistency is reached.
6.Drizzle over bars and set in the fridge to cool it down. Enjoy!