A guilt-free warm, soft and buttery slice of cake/bread for breakfast?
This healthy 1 bowl oatmeal makes all those dreams come true. It’s also gluten free, free of refined sugar and can be made vegan. #NutritionistApproved
“I make this once a week and have a quick and easy breakfast ready each morning. The best part about this recipe is that it can be adapted to all tastes. If you like yours less sweet, omit the banana or reduce the maple syrup, or make it nut free or vegan if you wish. I like mine less sweet and eat it with a generous topping of Unsweetened Organic Peanut Butter.” says our in-house nutritionist.
BAKED OATMEAL WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND BLUEBERRIES
2 cups whole rolled oats
1 cup milk, preferably non dairy
3 tbsp The Butternut Co Organic Peanut Butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Salt, a pinch
¾ cup Blueberries, frozen
½ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- One at a time, add in the dry ingredients – oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, while stirring continuously.
- Stir in ½ of the blueberries.
- Grease a loaf tin with oil. Pour the batter into the tin and top with remaining blueberries and walnuts.
- Bake at 180C for 40 mins or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool and slice into pieces. Serve warm. Enjoy!