BABA GANOUSH! This one comes straight from the streets of Lebanon. A simple, vegan dip made with eggplants and Tahini. It’s the perfect healthy side dip dish for almost anything!
1 Medium Eggplant
2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Minced Clove Garlic
2 Tbsp The Butternut Co. Tahini
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
1. Begin with the eggplant. Preheat the grill to 200C. Spray the eggplant with cooking spray or olive oil.
2. Grill it until the skin is blackened and crispy for about 20 minutes. Turn occasionally to ensure all sides are cooked equally. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
3. Carefully peel the skin from the eggplant, and cut out the stem intact. Drain out any excess water.
4. Next, mash the eggplant well using a potato masher or a fork.
5. Add in the minced garlic, salt, tahini, and lemon juice. Combine well while still mashing. The mixture should be smooth but have some of the eggplant’s chunky texture.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley. Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil.
7. Serve with toasted pita bread, pita chips, or veggies, and enjoy!