We are completely obsessed with this Almond Butter Stuffed French Toast. It is healthier than your regular french toast, loaded with healthy fats and protein & is #BetterForYou
- 4 slices of whole-grain bread
- 1/2–1 banana, thinly sliced
- 2–3 Tbsp The Butternut Co. Almond Butter, of choice
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- cooking oil
- maple syrup and fresh berries, for topping
- Spread 1 tbsp almond butter on each bread and make sandwiches with banana slices in between them.
- Next whisk together almond milk, almond butter, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a container large enough to soak the sandwiches. Now one at a time, soak the sandwiches on both sides until they are nice and moist
- Heat some cooking oil on medium-high heat and place the sandwich in the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until both sides are crisp and golden brown.
- Cut each sandwich into the desired shape and size and serve with toppings of your choice. We used fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Serve fresh and warm for sunday brunch. Enjoy!