These Almond Butter Noodles with Sesame Seeds are the perfect, flavourful quick meal. Pick gluten free, vegetable noodles to make it a plant based hearty meal.
For the noodles
- 500g of any long pasta or noodles (we used gluten free rice noodles)
- 1 tbsp fine salt
- 1/2cup chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
For the Almond Butter Sauce:
- 4 tbsp The Butternut Co. Almond Butter Unsweetened Creamy
- 2 1/2 tbsp hot sauce, to taste
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari (if gluten free)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Fill three-fourths of a large pot with water, cover it, and bring it to a boil. Add 1tbsp salt to the water and boil the pasta in it, stirring frequently.
- Next add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain the water and transfer the noodles into the pot back again. Immediately add sauce to the noodles and stir to combine evenly.
- Transfer into the serving plates and top each portion with sesame seeds and cut up spring onions.
- Serve with an asian curry or savour by itself. Enjoy!