Almond Butter Gingerbread is a Christmas classic! Easy to make & perfect for decorating with your loved ones.
80g Coconut Sugar
65g The Butternut Co. Almond Butter Jaggery
80g Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Ginger
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Cloves
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
220g Almond Flour
Optional: Coconut Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Whisk coconut sugar, almond butter, molasses, and lemon juice together until combined.
2. Add remaining ingredients and knead/mix to form a ball of dough. Place a wax paper on your work surface and sprinkle a light dusting of flour on top.
3. With a rolling pin, flatten out the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Cut your cookies into any shape you like.
4. Using a spatula, carefully transfer cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 175C or until golden around the edges. Re-roll the remaining dough and repeat.
6. Allow all the cookies to cool down before decorating with barely warm coconut butter from a squeeze bottle or zip lock bag. Chill until frosting is set. Enjoy!