Almond Butter Cauliflower Korma is an aromatic curry that is a North Indian Classic comfort food. With creamy yogurt and a nutty flavor of almond butter, add a healthy twist to the classic Indian curry.
1 Medium Head Cauliflower Cut Into Florets
1 Cup Canned Coconut Milk, Divided
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Tsp Curry Powder, Divided
2 Tsp Garam Masala, Divided
1 Tsp Kosher Salt, Divided
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil Or Ghee
1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 1/2 Tbsp Minced Fresh Ginger
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
400g Tomatoes, Diced
3/4 Cups Vegetable Broth
3 Tbsp The Butternut Co. Unsweetened Almond Butter Creamy
1/4 Cup Plain Whole-Milk Yogurt
1. Place cauliflower in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup coconut milk, lemon juice, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, and 1/4 tsp salt to it. Coat flower well and leave at room temp for 10-15 mins.
2. Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with foil. Turn broiler to high, place your pan in the upper center rack. Broil cauliflower for 6-8 minutes or until edges starts to char.
3. Heat oil on a medium-high flame in a large pan. Once hot, add onions stirring occasionally, until soft. Add garlic, ginger, remaining 2 tsp curry powder, 1 1/2 tsp garam masala, and cayenne. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, stirring often, until aromatic.
4. Add tomatoes, broth, almond butter, remaining coconut milk, and 3/4 tsp salt, whisk well to combine. Bring your mixture to a low boil and then add cauliflower florets. Reduce heat until the sauce reduces and starts to thicken for about 15 minutes.
5. Place yogurt in a medium bowl. Gradually add 3-4 Tbsp of korma sauce, stirring continuously. Remove pan from heat, stir in yogurt mixture and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed