This ALMOND BUTTER BAKED TOFU & GREENS or as we call it – a rainbow on your plate, is marinated in a creamy almond butter sauce. It is dairy-free, plant-based, and free of any nasties! Truly an explosion of flavors.
350g Extra Firm Tofu
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1-2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
450g Trimmed Green Beans
1 Chopped Red Peppers
500gm Chopped Broccoli
1 Roughly Chopped Onions
1. Start by wrapping the tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and put something heavy on top to press out excess moisture. Unwrap the tofu and cut it into small cubes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C and bake the tofu for 25-30 minutes or until slightly crispy on the edges.
3. Next add half of the sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, almond butter, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Add the baked tofu to the sauce and let marinate for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Heat a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the tofu. Save the marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned on all sides.
6. To the pan, add remaining sesame oil, veggies, and 2-3 tbsp of the marinade. Cover it and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
7. Remove lid and add remaining marinade and the tofu.
8. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve hot over a bed of rice. Enjoy!