They’re nutty, chewy, and filled with sweet, jammy, chunks of dates. There’s molten bitter pools of dark chocolate, toasted hazelnuts, and fox nuts within. Drizzled with almond butter and honey. They are kind of life- bettering bars!!
These one-bowl granola bars are super easy and healthy with a mix of fox nuts and oats, nuts and seeds. High protein and no sugar. Plus, they’re pretty difficult to mess up…they always turn out GREAT.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts I used almonds and hazelnuts
- 1 rolled oats
- 1/4 crushed fox nuts
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds)
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chopped
- Toast almonds and hazelnuts in the oven for 4 minutes to give a toasted flavor. Chop them roughly.
- Toast fox nuts and mixed seeds for 2 minutes. Crush the fox nuts in a blender.
- Place dates in a blender mix until small bits remain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add oats, fox nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, seeds and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking down the dates so they disperse fairly evenly throughout the ingredients.
- Warm honey and almond butter in a small saucepan and pour over dry ingredients. Stir quickly to evenly coat. The chocolate chips will get a little melty – that’s fine and even desirable.
- Transfer into a lined mould and press it with your spatula or use your hands to form the mixture into a tight square.
- Cover and pop it in the freezer for 4-5 hours to set. Cut them into bars and store in an airtight container.