This WHOLE WHEAT HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE BABKA is a delicious addition for your next socially distanced garden party!
For the dough:
250g whole wheat flour
30 g coconut sugar
70g eggs (1 and ½ egg)
For the filling:
100g chocolate hazelnut spread
25g dark chocolate pieces
10g cocoa nibs
20g whole hazelnut & 5g cocoa nibs for garnishing
- Add whole wheat, yeast and coconut sugar to a container. Mix well
- Add eggs, milk and salt. Mix to form a dough. Add cubes of butter to make it softer
- Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours
- Roll the dough thin and evenly spread the chocolate hazelnut spread
- Sprinkle dark chocolate pieces and cacao nibs
- Slowly fold the dough into a roll and cut it into 2 halves. Cut one of the halves further on the long side to form a braid
- Allow to proof for 3 hours
- Apply some milk with a brush. Top it with whole hazelnuts and cacao nibs.
- Bake at 170°C for 20-25 min. Allow to cool and enjoy!